Friday 2 August 2019

DFI Cohort 2


Digital Fluency Intensive Cohort 2 is in its second day.



Each Friday I get to hang out with this crew as well as Tim who joined us for day two and missed out on the official photo.

I love the enthusiasm and sharing that is happening already. Great to see people helping one another as they can.


As part of today, we got to mix people up a bit as they got into groups to use Google Hangouts together. I'm looking forward to seeing how people continue to mix and learn from one another across schools and year levels that are taught.

I looked into the difference between Hangouts and Meet a little further.  Hangout Chats and Hangouts Meet is the way forward. Evolving tools that for the moment are largely the same.

My learning from today

So I reviewed the tools and practised what I needed to demonstrate. There is always so much and digital tools get better so they change and I don't use every part of the tool regularly.  I'm really thankful for working with a great colleague who can support in that mind-blank moment when I have lost where the 'unsend' is when I want to retrieve a sent email in those precious 30 seconds.  Thanks, Cheryl.

Visitor

David Langford came to see what we were doing today and stayed for a while. I forgot to get a photo but he is here anyway (top right) sorting his calendar on his phone with the rest of the crew.
Thanks, David, we appreciate your support.






No comments:

Post a Comment