Friday 8 May 2020

DFI Online on a Thursday

It has been an encouraging experience to start a new Digital Fluency Intensive (DFI) cohort via google Meet. Teachers from across the country who are all part of the Manaiakalani whānau and are willing to jump into this intensive experience of learning and do it all online! 

We have 9 full days over 9 weeks. We have four main goals and we go for it.


Impressive that teachers are willing to take up the challenge. 34 teachers have stepped up. A range of support is needed but all are doing it.

In our Digital Bubbles - our small group - I have five keen educators and one more to join us in two weeks as she had started DFI before the lockdown.  It is an opportunity to get to know one another as learners and professionals - all while we are in a google Meet. We are comparing beaches and lockdown experiences. People are being brave and asking for help in front of others. It is exposing, it is challenging... we are doing it anyway.

Teachers as learners, you rock!

My Digital Bubble will be blogging about their DFI journey. You can follow their blog posts each week and make a comment.

Create

I decided to do the Create part of the day alongside the DFI participants.
It reminds me that while the task is simple and can be done relatively quickly, once I have the skills,  I also know I can spend a LOT of time getting the layout, colours just right, fonts, sizing...
I used the colours from the 30 Day Fit Challenge icon as a basis for my colour palette. I also added these colours to the Canva Colour wheel using my  Color picker eyedropper extension to get a palette of colours.

Yeah, perhaps I did go in deep but once I start, I find it hard to stop.

I did stop at choosing youtube clips based on colours - I do have limits!





No comments:

Post a Comment